Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Churches Making Movies FIlm Festival -- October 11 - 13, 2019



The seventh annual Churches Making Movies Film Festival will be held on the weekend of October 11-13th at Fellowship Deaconry Christian Retreat Center in Basking Ridge, New Jersey. I have attended the festival nearly every year since its inception and I have always had a wonderful time.

This year I hope to provide a little inspiration myself. Co-founder LaVonne McIver James asked me to conduct a Screenwriter's Bootcamp on Saturday between 10am and 2pm. That's four hours, folks! My students at Towson University only have to tolerate me for three hours at a time!

The website says I will unlock your inner screenwriter and help turn your script dreams in reality. Seems like a laudable goal. During the bootcamp, I will discuss the basic structure and philosophy of screenwriting and the specific challenges and rewards of the faith-based marketplace. However, I intend to spend most of the time dealing with questions from the attendees, and advising them how to achieve their goals.

Yours truly at the festival with comedienne G.L, Douglas

I hope to see you there!

Check out the website:  Churches Making Movies

And also check out my memoir, The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God. It is my true story of first faith and first love and how the two became almost fatally intertwined. (I have a feeling you might be able to get a signed copy at the Festival.)




Here are some sample chapters:
Chapter 7 - Mission Accomplished
Chapter 15 - Quarter To Midnight

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment