Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Thursday, September 1, 2011

"Marriage Retreat" Released


"Marriage Retreat," my fifth produced feature, has just been released on DVD.

It will probably be a couple of months before I have the opportunity to blog about this film in detail which is just as well.  I must hone my skills at diplomacy between now and then.  From start to finish, this was an utterly crazy and out-of-control project.  This is also the first project where my co-writer Tim Ratajczak and I were truly rewritten.  Sure, we had had lines and scenes cut and added before, but this was the first time we were truly rewritten from the ground up -- and we were rewritten by everybody:  Actors, producers, the director, craft services.  That guy who walked by and had a few ideas....  You name it.

For many of the principal people involved, the most surprising thing about film is how well it ultimately turned out in the end.  I must say that I think Sean The Film Editor had more to do with that than Sean The Screenwriter, but judge for yourself!


Follow me on Twitter:  SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy

3 comments:

  1. This is a blog to watch for sure. I think you have a really awesome writing style by the way. Very easy to read. Your blog design is so clean too! Thank you all the hard work!

    marriage retreat north Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved reading your blog. It is very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike so many other blogs I have read which are really not that good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact, after reading, I shared it with my friends and everyone liked it!

    marriage retreat north Carolina

    ReplyDelete