Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Jenny of Oldstones Video



Here's a cool bit of fan fiction set in the Games of Thrones universe called Jenny of Oldstones created by and starring some of my cousins in Italy. The film, which is essentially a music video, is built around the song Podrik sings in Episode  2, Season 8 of the HBO series. The film was directed by my cousin Stefano Silvestri and features my cousins Fabiana Protani, as Jenny, and Maria Carmen Falstaffi as Dama.  Maria Carmen, a trained opera singer who has performed around the world, also sings this version of the song.

The film was shot in my ancestral home of Arnara, which is located in the Frosinone province of Italy about fifty miles south of Rome. Arnara is a beautiful little village filled with warm and welcoming people. The majority of this film was shot at the medieval castle, dating back to 900AD, located atop the hill in the center of the town. During a visit to the town, I told my family and I would return one day in triumph and buy the castle. I haven't pulled that off yet, but my partner Jennifer Healy Gloeb and I used Arnara as a setting for our script Runaway Heart, which is currently being read by production companies. This film shows we should be able to find some local talent if that film goes into production.

Be sure to check out the video on Youtube and subscribe to their channel.

Here's a photo of the director, Stefano Silvestri, taken during a visit to Baltimore:

Denisa Protani, Stefano, Sean & Debbie
Here's a photo of Maria Carmen Falstaffi taken during a visit to Baltimore:

Emily, Marion, Maria Carmen and Natalie in
the dining room of 21 St. Helens Avenue
To learn more about my family, check out my memoir The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God. It is my true story of first faith and first love and how the two became almost fatally intertwined.



Here are some sample chapters of The Promise:
Chapter 7 - Mission Accomplished
Chapter 15 - Quarter To Midnight

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment