Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Monday, March 5, 2018

CHAPEL STREET is coming....



Chapel Street follows Rick Bakos, a thirty-something loner emotionally scarred by a series of suicides in his family, into a maelstrom of horror. After taking a picture of the wrong grave as a volunteer for a genealogical website, Rick slowly discovers his family wasn’t plagued by mental illness but rather a multi-generational demonic curse. Will he survive the psychological and spiritual onslaught, or follow his mother and older brother into an early grave by his own hand?

The novel is loosely inspired by real events. I lived with my family for a number of years in a very haunted house and experienced the suicides of two siblings. Years later, my mother asked me if I thought the demonic entity in the house might have responsible for their deaths. My answer was yes. I explored that possibility in this book, which draw very loosely upon real people and places and events and even the suicide note of my brother.

Here's what some folks are saying about the book:

“Horror story, metaphysical mystery, romance – Chapel Street is a spine-tingling supernatural thriller mixing family history, religion, dark secrets and a demonic presence into a fantastical yarn. Sean Paul Murphy is a powerful storyteller with a compelling imagination. Warning! Don’t read this battle between good and evil late at night. It’s unputdownable.”


“Evil has many faces in this shocking psychological suspense thriller. With the members of his family stalking him, Rick faces a dark spiritual battle that forces him out of his comfort zone and into a world where only the weapon of faith can give him a chance of survival. With a serving of dry humor, a cast of strong characters, and a sequence of uncanny moments, Chapel Street will draw you into an eerie and soul-awakening journey.”
Krista Wagner

"A great read."
Kenny "Kenji" Gallo
Author,  Breakshot: A Life in the 21st Century American Mafia

“Fun and frightening. Balancing on a wire's edge between sane and insane, dead and undead, Chapel Street draws you into a world where demonic doings are passed down from generation to generation. Invested in the struggle, I desperately wanted the main characters to prevail. My only course of action was to continue reading until the last word.”
Executive Producer, Discovery Communications

Chapel Street is a wonderfully written and frightening book. I see this easily transformed into a haunting movie or streaming series.”
John Molli

“I finished Chapel Street in three sittings. I looked forward to picking it up every time because there was constant suspense and movement. The great thing about this horror story is that it perfectly melds creepy with a nod to faith. That’s often difficult to implement – creating a horror novel with elements of faith without it being cheesy or too over the top.”
Jamie Hope
Author/Contributor,  American Thinker

My in-house editorial process is nearly completed. I want to thank everyone who helped me bring the book this far. I especially want to thank my beta readers Patty Gehret, Beth White Werrell and, of course, my lovely wife Deborah, who saw the book at its rawest. I also want to thank my trusty editor Trish Schweers, who always manages to hammer my work into shape. I would also like to thank my fellow authors and media professionals who took time out of their busy schedules to read the book and offer their advice and kind words.

After much debate and consultation with other writers, I have decided to try to find a traditional publisher for the book rather than self-publish. I am looking forward to that journey, and I hope the book will be available for all soon. Until then, feel free to read these sample chapters.

Other Chapters:
Prologue - My Mother
Chapter 1 - RestingPlace.com
Chapter 2 - Elisabetta
Chapter 3 - The Upload
Chapter 4 - The Kobayashi Maru
Chapter 5 - Gina
Chapter 6 - Tombstone Teri
Chapter 7 - The Holy Redeemer Lonely Hearts Club
Chapter 8 - A Mourner
Chapter 9 - War Is Declared
Chapter 10 - The Motorcycle
Chapter 11 - Suspended
Chapter 12 - The Harbor
Chapter 13 - Bad News Betty

Of course, while you're waiting for the full book, feel free to read my memoir published bt TouchPoint Press:



Here are some sample chapters of The Promise:
Chapter 7 - Mission Accomplished

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

4 comments: