Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Friday, January 18, 2019

The 2019 Kairos Prize Semi-Finalists Announced


Becoming a 2012 winner of the Kairos Prize for Spiritually Uplifting Screenplays was one of the most exciting moments in my writing career. MovieGuide gave me and the other winners the royal treatment in Hollywood. It was amazing. You can read all about my experiences here:  Winning The Kairos Prize.

The contest has changed considerably since those early days.  Now there are two categories: Beginner and Established. Plus, they only have one winner now in each category, as opposed to three.  However, I am sure the recently announced semi-finalists will be as excited as I was back in 2012. I want to congratulate them all!

Here are the semi-finalists in both categories:

Kairos Prize® for Beginning Screenwriters

A SONG ON THE WIND by Sharon Baker
THE GREAT by Marshall Foster and Ben Davies
COLORBLIND by Pamela Peak
DEAREST DADDY GOD by Stephanie Sharp
GRACE BY NIGHT by Nathan Leon
MULENGA by Karen Aaker
SIR KENDRICK AND THE CASTLE OF BEL LIONE by Jess Stainbrook
THROUGH FAITH by Bill Harris


Kairos Pro Prize® for Established Filmmakers


MINGO ROAD by Paul Cooper
NO GREATER LOVE by Carole Whang Schutter
THE CURSE OF THE PIRATES COVE by Walker Haynes
THERE YOU’LL FIND ME by Brian Baugh

Congratulations, and I look forward to seeing your movies!

And for those of you who entered and didn't win: Don't be discouraged! Taste is a very subjective thing. For all you know, your scripts might be better and more marketable than the winners. You won't know until you start sending them around. So do it!

Yours truly with the award and the check
And feel free to read my memoir The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God, graciously published by TouchPoint Press.

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment