Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A COMEDY OF HORRORS, VOL. 1., ANNOUNCED


I am delighted to report that A Comedy of Horrors, Vol. 1., has been officially announced.

The film is being brought to you by the creators of the 2017 acclaimed horror comedy The Night Watchmen and a bunch of other cool people. Hmmm. I guess that makes me one of the cool people.  I only wish I had earned that status in high school!

Check out the trailer for The Night Watchmen:



A Comedy of Horrors, Vol. 1 is an anthology film featuring a collection of short comedy horror films by different writers and directors. The masterminds of the project are Ken Arnold and Dan DeLuca. I go way back with Ken. I first met him when he and his wife ran the Annapolis Film Festival where my first feature 21 Eyes played.

In an ironic twist of fate, I next met Ken on the set of my short horror comedy Maestro Percival. In that film, a photographer hopes to hit the big time by photographing the famous violinist Edward Percival for his new album cover, but the assignment proves somewhat complicated after reports of the violinist's death. Ken played the titular zombie violinist. The film was the 2006 winner of the 48 Hour Film Festival HD Filmmaker Showdown.


Maestro Percival was directed by my old friend David Butler. We have partnered on projects since our days together at Towson University. David brought Ken and I together again. Eduardo Sanchez, of The Blair Witch Project fame, was originally slated to direct The Night Watchmen. Unfortunately, he was unavailable to shoot the teaser trailer the production team needed to show investors. Ken and Dan brought David in to direct it, and David later brought me in to fine tune the edit.

Watch Ken and I discuss The Night Watchmen on the Yippee Ki Yay Mother Podcast.


Ken and Dan recently offered David and me the opportunity to contribute a tale to this film. Our story is called Scare B & B. The short is a partly a spoof of the magnificent recent Netflix series The Haunting of Hill House. In our story, a yuppie couple has rehabbed an old mansion, but can't sell it because of its reputation for being haunted. They hope to stem their losses by converting it into a bed and breakfast. Newly opened, the couple will stop at nothing to make sure their first customers have a peaceful and uneventful night. Our segment will be shot some time in July. I will keep you updated on its progress.

Until then, please like and follow the film on Facebook Here:  A Comedy of Horrors, Vol. 1
Follow Ken Arnold on Twitter here:  Ken Arnold
Follow Dan DeLuca on Twitter here: Dan DeLuca
Follow yours truly on Twitter here: Sean Paul Murphy

***UPDATE. Director David Butler and I have decided not to move forward with this project. We did not feel we could produce our segment for the budget available. That said, we wish Ken and the other filmmakers all success.  We hope the film will be a huge success!***

If you like your horror more serious.  Check out these sample chapters of my upcoming novel Chapel Street.


Sample Chapters:
Prologue - My Mother
Chapter 1 - RestingPlace.com
Chapter 2 - Elisabetta
Chapter 3 - The Upload
Chapter 4 - The Kobayashi Maru
Chapter 5 - Gina
Chapter 6 - Tombstone Teri
Chapter 7 - The Holy Redeemer Lonely Hearts Club
Chapter 8 - A Mourner
Chapter 9 - War Is Declared
Chapter 10 - The Motorcycle
Chapter 11 - Suspended
Chapter 12 - The Harbor
Chapter 13 - Bad News Betty

Learn more about the book, click Here.

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment