Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Second Chance: A Kidney Between Us

My wife Deborah and I recently got the opportunity to meet with my friend and fellow TouchPoint Press author Tina Shyver Plank and her husband Todd to congratulate her on the release of her memoir Second Chance: A Kidney Between Us

Tina's book tells how she managed to escape a bout of suicidal depression by giving her dying cousin Brian one of her kidneys. It was a sacrifice that forever altered both of their lives. I haven't read it yet, but I am looking forward to it. 

I do consider the TouchPoint Press staff and my fellow writers a family. We have a very active Facebook group and help each by pointing out promotional opportunities, etc. My only regret is that so few of my fellow authors live in the mid-Atlantic region. Fortunately, Tina and her husband live just across the state line from me in South Central Pennsylvania so we've had the opportunity to meet in person. Strangely, Tina was also a client of Betty -- the Hagerstown, Md.. fortuneteller who looms large in the actual haunting that inspired my novel Chapel Street. What a coincidence!

Tina gave me the opportunity to do a short video trailer for her book.  Here it is:

 

Here's her book. Check it out:

 

You can follow Tina on Twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment