Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Friday, October 9, 2009

Why Blog?

It seems absurd to blog. Be honest. It does.

If you're like me and you work in a relatively public business eventually you will say something that will alienate someone you work with or someone you would like to work with. Especially if you are as careless with your words and opinions as I am.

Once upon a time, when I was but a boy screenwriter, a DC-based location manager/production supervisor/producer Carol Flaisher asked me what I thought of a particular film. I told her I thought it sucked. She then informed me that the producer of said sucko film wanted to read one of my scripts. Obviously, that information led to me to reevaluate said producer's work. Now it was plain to see that he was a genius. And I was grateful I didn't have a blog gleefully attacking his movie.

Therefore, expect this to be an exceptionally boring blog.

I will not be attacking people.

I will not be controversial.

I will not be political.

I will not be religious.

I will not be worth reading.

(BTW, the producer discreetly unnamed above didn't like my script. So, yes, once again I can admit that his work sucks. At least for now.)

Let's stay in touch:

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment