Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Betrayed" sweeps Peer Awards



Forgive me for patting myself on my back (I am probably the first blogger to do so), but "Betrayed," the featurette I wrote for the Counter-Intelligence Division of the F.B.I., won a number of Peers Awards from the National Press Club.

Here's what it won:

Best of DC:

Betrayed.  Rocket Media/FBI.

Directing:  Fiction, Short:
Gold.  Betrayed.  Rocket Media/FBI.  Tom Feliu, director.

Editing:  Fiction, Short, Under 70 minutes:
Gold.  Betrayed.  Rocket Media/FBI.  T. Scott Snider, editor.

Scriptwriting:  Fiction, Short, Under 70 minutes:
Silver.  Betrayed.  Rocket Media/FBI.  Sean Paul Murphy, writer.*

Director of Photography:  Dramatic Short
Gold.  Betrayed.  Rocket Media/FBI.  Johnny St. Ours.

Education/Training over $25,000:

Gold.  Betrayed.  Rocket Media/FBI.

Internal Communications over $50,000:

Gold.  Betrayed.  Rocket Media/FBI.

Thanks for everyone who helped make this film possible.  I believe it will soon be playing on cable on the Pentagon Channel once some issues are resolved with the Screen Actors Guild.  Be sure to check it out.  

*Oddly, no Gold award was issued in this category.  So my script won the top award.  So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment