Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Churches Making Movies Film Festival October 12-14th

The 6th Annual Churches Making Movies Film Festival will take place over the weekend of October 12-14 at the Four Star Renaissance Hotel at the Newark Airport in Newark, New Jersey. This is a great little film festival run by the mighty LaVonne McIver James and I have attended most years. I am grateful that the festival screened my documentary Sacred Ground: The Battle For Mount Auburn Cemetery, and honored it with their Best Documentary Award.

Tim Ratajczak, LaVonne McIver James, Yours Truly
This year, in addition to checking out the films, I will be giving a seminar on Saturday, October 13th, on Writing for Film and Television at 5:30pm. What are my credentials? Well, I have written fourteen produced feature films including the faith-based favorites Hidden SecretsSarah's Choice, The Encounter and the Revelation Road trilogy. I am also a 2012 winner of Movieguide's $50,000 Kairos Prize for Spiritually Uplifting Screenplays. Plus, a series of true crime films I wrote for the FBI won a combined six Emmys when they played on the Pentagon Channel. I currently teach writing at Towson University and work on reality shows for Discovery.

Yours Truly with director Dallas Jenkins
The festival is designed to empower church-based filmmaking and give exposure to independent faith-based films. I have attended most years and I have always enjoyed myself. If you live in the New Jersey area and you're interested in faith-based films, you should definitely come on out. When you do, find me and say hello. I always look forward to meeting the next generation of faith-based filmmakers!
Writer/Director Doc Benson with Yours Truly
Here's the trailer for my documentary honored by the festival:


Here are the trailers for some of my other films: (If you like them, check out my seminar.)






If you come to the festival, you might be able to get a hold of a signed copy of my memoir The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God.  It is available in paperback and on Kindle courtesy of TouchPoint Press.


Sample Chapters:
Chapter 1 - A Photograph
Chapter 2 - My Death
Chapter 3 - Childhood
Chapter 4 - Saved!
Chapter 5 - The Promise
Chapter 6 - The Mission
Chapter 7 - Mission Accomplished

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment