Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Friday, March 22, 2019

Ministry of Motion Pictures Interview Part 3


Here's final segment of my three part conversation with Todd Shaffer, the creative director of Glorious Films, for his new podcast about faith-based filmmaking called The Ministry of Motion Pictures.

Todd called the segment Surviving The Christian Film Industry. I had to smile. It was an extremely accurate description. I have indeed survived the Christian film industry. I only wish we went into why it was so difficult for me to do so!

We'll see if someone asks me that in another interview one day!

Here's the episode. I hope you enjoy it.


But, better yet, subscribe to the podcast. You'll want to hear all of the episodes. Not just the ones I appear on.

Here it is on iTunes: The Ministry of Motion Pictures
Here it is on RadioPublic: The Ministry of Motion Pictures

It will be uploaded to other venues in the near future.

Follow the podcast on Twitter here:  Ministry of Motion Pictures

Also, here's the trailer to Todd's animated film The Promise: The Birth of the Messiah, now available on Amazon.


Speaking of The Promise, check out my memoir The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God, also available on Amazon. It is my true story of first faith and first love and how the two became almost fatally intertwined.



Here are some sample chapters of The Promise:
Chapter 7 - Mission Accomplished
Chapter 15 - Quarter To Midnight

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listened to the podcast and read your Building the Faith-Based Film Ghetto article. Fascinating stuff! I actually found you through a Youtube comment on "Why Christian films are bad" hahah. I appreciate your honesty as you continue to navigate the industry. Can't wait for the next part of the interview!

    I definitely agree with the idea that Christian films need to be more mainstream and entertaining, and I'm attempting to tackle this from a microbudget indie sci-fi angle(think films like Primer/Coherence/Man From Earth, etc), but with Christian themes at the heart.

    I'm wrapping up my first feature, TIME SLEEPER, and I'm already on the hunt for distribution. It's a tough spot to be in because I have no recognizable star cast, and it doesn't quite fit the bill of the "preachy" Christian film. But I shall persevere!

    I've got a private screener up on Film Freeway with more details, a trailer and some screenshots you can check out (I can send you the password to watch if you wish): https://filmfreeway.com/timesleepermovie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good sci-fi doesn't need a big budget or big cast. Primer was shot for $5000. I am working on a film along the same lines of the films you discussed. If you would like, email me the link and password at semurph(at)aol.com.

    ReplyDelete