Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother Podcast #68: A Hard Day's Night

Here's another COVID free ZOOM edition of the Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother Podcast, a lively discussion of the movies that sometimes devolves into a group therapy session.

Last week I brought one of my favorite films, A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester and starring The Beatles, to the table. Can the Beatles, and their first film, work the same magic on the Mother Podcasters that it did on their fans in the 1964? Fearing the episode it might turn into a hatefest, I enlisted my old high school friend Mike Lane, a talented musician and Beatles fan, to help me defend the film.

I also called Mike in because he once saved my life with rock-n-roll with a little help from The Beatles, but you'll have to listen to episode to hear how. 

Here's the trailer for the film (which we couldn't play in the episode because of copyright strikes):

       

Here's the podcast on YouTube:

 

Mike and his wife Kiki have been entertaining us throughout COVID with live online concerts from their home in Minnesota.  Check this one out. You'll enjoy it.

 

You can follow The Lanes Here.

Also, Mike did inspire me to play the guitar and form a band. Here's The Atomic Enema, live in the Mazziott Basement in 1986, playing a few songs. (I can't guarantee you'll enjoy us!)

   

Our Podcast is now available for download on iTunes: Yippee Ki Yay Mother Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube page: Yippee Ki Yay Mother Podcast
Check out our webpage: Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother Podcast

Like us on Facebook: Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother Podcast.
Follow us on Twitter: YKYPodcast
Check out Wojo's webpage: Wojo's World
And follow her on Twitter: @TheMicheleWojo

Check out our other episodes here:


My novel Chapel Street is now available! You can currently buy the Kindle and paperback at Amazon and the Nook, paperback and hardcover at Barnes & Noble.


Learn more about the book, click Here.

Watch the book trailer:

  

Listen to me read some chapters here:

No comments:

Post a Comment