Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Walking The Shadowlands Podcast: Belly of the Beast, Pt. 1

I have done a number of interviews about the haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, my childhood home, but this is first one where I was joined by other members of my family. When I spoke with Marianne Coleman, the host of Walking The Shadowland podcast, I asked if she would like to speak with other members of my family. She immediately said yes. I'm glad she did.

Marianne

I have already interviewed my family members regarding the haunting. However, Marianne came at the haunting from a difference angle. As a medium herself, she had a different perspective on the events we experienced. Also, Marianne questioned us directly about the deaths of my siblings Laura and Mark. In typical Murphy fashion, those are subjects we still rarely discuss. I barely touched on the deaths in my interviews. I thought it was traumatic enough to talk about the haunting itself. I am planning to interview my relatives again about the deaths when I get to stage two of my blogs.

I do have to point out a few errors. I misspoke on a few ocassions. For example, I said our family left the house in 2016. It was actually 2006. Also, more importantly, Jeanne did not use a Ouija board in the house prior to my mother's incident. She admits using one in the basement of our Grandmother Murphy's house but never at St. Helens Avenue. A family friend said she used a Ouija board at our house, but it was probably with my late sister Laura, not Jeanne.

Also, all of my siblings I interviewed show up in the two part podcast in one form or another. In the first podcast, before we worked out a way for John to appear via his previous interview, Marianne said all of the Murphy siblings appeared or wanted to appear on the podcast. Not true. My older brother Douglas has not been participating in our retelling of the haunting. He says he never experienced anything.

So without any further ado, here's the podcast. I hope you enjoy it.

 
 
Follow Marianne on Twitter: Here
Follow Marianne on Facebook: Here
Follow Marianne on Instagram: Here
Subscribe to the podcast here: Here

Be sure to check out my novel Chapel Street. It tells the story of a young man straddling the line between sanity and madness while battling a demonic entity that has driven his family members to suicide for generations. It was inspired by an actual haunting my family experienced.

You can buy the Kindle and paperback at Amazon and the Nook, paperback and hardcover at Barnes & Noble.


Learn more about the book, click Here.

Watch the book trailer:

  

Listen to me read some chapters here:


Additional blogs about the haunting:
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 1, An Introduction
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 2, The House
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 3, This Is Us
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 4, Arrival
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 5, Methodology
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 6, Clara's Tale, Pt. 1
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 7, Clara's Tale, Pt. 2
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 8, My Tale, Pt. 1
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 9, My Tale, Pt. 2
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 10, My Tale, Pt. 3
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 11, Natalia's Tale, Pt. 1
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 12, Natalia's Tale, Pt. 2
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 13, John's Tale, Pt. 1 
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 14, John's Tale, Pt. 2
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 15, Come Inside!
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 16, Marion's Tale, Pt. 1
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 17, Marion's Tale, Pt. 2
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 18, Jeanne's Tale, Pt. 1
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 19, Jeanne's Tale, Pt. 2
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 20, Lisa's Tale
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 21, Recap, Pt. 1
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 22, Recap, Pt. 2
The Haunting of 21 St. Helens Avenue, Part 23, Recap, Pt. 3

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment