Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Saturday, October 20, 2012

"The Encounter" online review


How does one find a home in SeanPaulMurphyville?  Easy, post something nice about Sean Paul Murphy.

This online review by Zack Lawrence is mostly positive.  However, I decided to repost it here because of something he said he didn't like about the film.

The one thing Lawrence hated about the film was the name of the our Devil character, Officer Deville.  He thought it was very heavy-handed to give him the name Deville.  Then, we made matters worse by having a character spell out the name later (D-e-v-i-l, hey!)  in case someone incredibly dense missed it.  He thought it was somewhat insulting to the audience.

I couldn't agree more.

I just want to say that Tim and I did not name the character Deville.  Satan has been given so many names over the years by so many cultures that we had a wide field to choice from.  If there were sequels, we would use a different one in each film.

The character's name was changed on the set.

He is also named Deville in the sequel.  (In that script, he also had another name.)

He's still played by Kass Connors, and that's alright by me.

Still, despite that small quibble, go and see The Encounter.


My novel Chapel Street is now available! You can currently buy the Kindle and paperback at Amazon and the Nook, paperback and hardcover at Barnes & Noble.


Learn more about the book, click Here.

Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment