Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Saturday, May 9, 2020

CHAPEL STREET Available For Pre-Order!


It's becoming real, folks.  My novel Chapel Street is set for release by TouchPoint Press on 3 July 2020.

This is a big deal for me. It was always fun when one of my movies was released, particularly when we had a real premiere, but it is entirely different with my books. Most of my films were commissioned works. Although I always tried to incorporate something emotionally compelling to me in those assignments, I realize that the bulk of my films, in the eyes of the producers at least, were products designed to generate a profit.

That was never true with my books. Of course, I would like my books to be successful and generate a profit for both myself and my publisher. However, they are not simply products. In my books, I only deal with subjects and themes that have haunted me -- sometimes literally. I can write a commissioned screenplay in a couple of weeks without breaking a sweat, but I only want to write books that tear something out of me at great emotional cost. That's only fair.

There's a huge difference between the way movies and books interact with their audience. Movies wash over an audience. The production team and the cast make all of the decisions about what the audience experiences. What they see and hear. A book is different. In a book, the author provides the words but the reader provides the sound and pictures in their mind. The relationship between a book author and a reader is more collaborative than the relationship between a screenwriter and a viewer. It also takes more time and effort to read a book than to watch a movie. Therefore, I feel the reader deserves greater effort on the part of the writer as well. So far, I feel I have lived up to my part of the bargain. There is blood on the pages of my books.

Here's the details about the release.

The ebook is now available for pre-order on Amazon.  Click Here

The pre-order price is $2.99. After it is released, the retail price will go to $7.99. Talk about savings! I'd buy it now!

Within the next couple of days, the ebook will also be available for pre-order at Barnes & Noble, iTunes and other fine locations.

The hardcover (yes, hardcover) is available for pre-order at Barnes & Nobles now.  Click Here

I don't know about you, but I've already pre-ordered the hardcover version despite the fact that I'm getting a couple of them for free! (If you live in Baltimore and buy a hardcover, reach out and I will sign it for you.)

The paperback version will be live on Amazon on the release date. The paperback will be available at Barnes & Noble and other retailers shortly after the release.

I don't know if this will entice you or deter you from buying the book, but below you can listen to me reading a few chapters:



You can read about the true haunting that inspired the novel here:


Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment