Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Sunday, May 17, 2020

The Promise, Chapter 4, read by Your Truly


Here's another chapter of my memoir The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God. It is my tale of first faith and first love and how the two became almost fatally intertwined. The Kindle edition of the book is currently on sale on Amazon for .99 cents. That's a savings of seven dollars!

I say this book is my tale of first faith and first love and how the two became almost fatally intertwined. This chapter, Saved!, starts the first faith portion. It is, perhaps, the longest chapter in the book so I did condense it a bit during my read. (All the more reason for you to pick up the Kindle edition to read the unabridged version.) So far, I have been using real photos to show the people and places depicted in the book. I could not do that with this chapter since the subject is more more esoteric. Instead, I mainly uses renaissance period religious paintings and the illustrations from Catholic prayer cards I found at my grandmother Rita's house after her death. Most of the cards were at least a century old. Some of them even had Bohemian text. Interestingly, a number of them were used as small post cards with personal messages handwritten on the back.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Here are other author reads:


Chapel Street:

Chapel Street - Prologue
Chapel Street - Chapter 1 - RestingPlace.com
Chapel Street - Chapter 2 - Elisabetta
Chapel Street - Chapter 3 - The Upload
Chapel Street - Chapter 4 - The Kobayashi Maru

Unconditional (work in progress):


Here's a link to the book on Amazon.  During the month of May, the Kindle Edition is for sale for only .99 cents!



Here are some sample chapters:

Chapter 7 - Mission Accomplished
Chapter 15 - Quarter To Midnight

Below you will find some uncorrected sample chapters of the book. I can't guarantee how long the publisher will allow me to keep them posted. You can pre-order the novel HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment