Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Monday, May 4, 2020

Chapel Street, Chapter 1, read by Yours Truly


Here's the first chapter of my upcoming paranormal thriller Chapel Street.

The title of this chapter is RestingPlace.com. RestingPlace.com was actually the working title of the novel, but it proved very annoying since most programs wanted to turn it into a hyperlink. In the book, RestingPlace is a genealogical website where people can document the graves of their ancestors. It is based on an actual website called Find A Grave. In the novel, the hero Rick Bakos is an obsessive volunteer who has photographed and documented thousands of graves for RestingPlace. In real life, I am an obsessive volunteer who has photographed and documented thousand of graves for Find A Grave.

That is not the only similarity between the fictional Rick Bakos and myself. In fact, I have been debating whether to use actual photos of the real people the characters in the novel are based on in these videos. I ultimately opted against it. I am using real photographs during my chapter readings of my memoir, The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God, and I feel they are making the story a tad too show and tell. Anyway, I like my cemetery photographs. I think they give the chapters a creepy feel.

As you can guess, I originally took some of them for the website Find A Grave.

I hope you enjoy the chapter.


Unconditional (work in progress):


Check out this sample of Chapel Street on Amazon:


Learn more about the book, click Here.

Read about the true haunting that inspired the novel here:


Follow me on Twitter: SeanPaulMurphy
Follow me on Facebook: Sean Paul Murphy
Follow me on Instagram: Sean Paul Murphy
Subscribe on YouTube: Sean Paul Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment