Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Monday, April 20, 2020

The Promise, Chapter 1, read by Yours Truly



Ashley Carlson, the Senior Editor, Media Liaison, at TouchPoint Press, recently suggested that all willing TouchPoint authors read a chapter of our books online to help entertain people stuck at home during the pandemic.

I thought that was a great idea.  I enjoyed reading the prologue to my upcoming paranormal thriller Chapel Street, which was inspired by a true haunting. But it wasn't enough. I have decided to read a chapter a week of one of my books and post it here on my blog while the crisis continues. I'm not sure I will be able to achieve that goal, but I'm going to try.

I plan to read selected chapters from Chapel Street. However, I thought I might as well read some chapters from my memoir The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God. In one way, that would be easier than Chapel Street. Since The Promise is a true story, I have plenty of pictures to illustrate the events. Also, if the virus gets me, at least I will have at least part of the story of my life online in my own words. Not a bad legacy.

I'm also thinking of reading a chapter or two of some works in progress.  We'll see.

I hope you enjoy it.

Other Chapter Reads:


Chapel Street:

Chapel Street - Prologue
Chapel Street - Chapter 1 - RestingPlace.com
Chapel Street - Chapter 2 - Elisabetta
Chapel Street - Chapter 3 - The Upload
Chapel Street - Chapter 4 - The Kobayashi Maru

Unconditional (work in progress):


Here's a link to The Promise on Amazon. During the month of May, you can get the Kindle edition for a mere .99 cents. You can't do better than that!



Here are some sample chapters:

Chapter 7 - Mission Accomplished
Chapter 15 - Quarter To Midnight

Below you will find some uncorrected sample chapters of the book. I can't guarantee how long the publisher will allow me to keep them posted.

1 comment: