Sean Paul Murphy, Writer

Sean Paul Murphy, Writer
Sean Paul Murphy, Storyteller

Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Ultimate Wedding Extravaganza!

I posted about my wedding on previous occasions, but this time I am embedding all of the current links to our two weddings.

Why did my lovely wife Deborah and myself get married twice? Because we lost control of the situation. We had already set a date, but we couldn't decide whether we wanted to have a small wedding in Las Vegas, or a larger, more traditional wedding in Baltimore. We were ultimately leaning toward the more traditional wedding in Baltimore, but, much to our chagrin, we discovered people were already buying their plane tickets to Vegas. Hence the two weddings. I don't regret either one.

Here's the behind the scenes footage of the Las Vegas. Look at the couple! Have you ever seen anyone more in love?

 

Here's the video of the actual ceremony itself:

 

A week later we had another ceremony at Stillmeadow Community Fellowship for the non-gamblers. I do not regret having two weddings. This gave a lot of our friends and family who couldn't travel to Las Vegas the opportunity to share our joy.  Here's the ceremony:

 

Finally, here is footage from the Baltimore wedding reception. It is bittersweet for me to watch it since we lost so many of the people in the subsequent twenty-three years. Even my friend who shot it, Tom Brandau, is gone.

Here's the footage:

    

Who else has a bride who played the drums in her wedding dress? She's the coolest! You really hear me singing my song that day, so here it is:

 

Any regrets? About getting married? Absolutely not. I would marry her again -- twice. Have we had some rocky moments? Sure, every couple does, but, ultimately I believe the strength of a marriage is best measured during hardship.

I love you, Debbie. Thanks for the best twenty-three years of my life!

Be sure to check out my memoir The Promise, or the Pros and Cons of Talking with God, published by TouchPoint Press. It is my true story of first faith and first love and how the two became almost fatally intertwined.

No comments:

Post a Comment